Labels

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Potty Boot-Camp Day 2


They say the first day you spend with a new routine is often known as the "Honey Moon" stage. Well they are right. The first day was a little trying, but after staying dry all day it was going to take A LOT to discourage me.

Exhausting, frustrating, and just plain bad doesn't even begin to describe my day. I thought today would be fun, and we would stay on the yellow brick road to success. WRONG WRONG WRONG. It was torture. By the end of the day my patience with everyone was totally shot.

Judge has learned that if he doesn't go we can play in the bathroom and he will have 100% of moms attention. So he would start to go I would get excited and he would stop. This in turn made me want to lay down on the rail road tracks behind the house, because I felt he was doing it on purpose. And that was just one problem from today.

I thought I had a great game plan going in. We would spend 15 minutes on the potty then take a 15 minute break if nothing happened and an hour break if something did. Well that all went out the window by by 10 am.

The problem with this is that we made the potty so much fun he wants to sit on it. When we get in there before you know it an hour has passed and nothing has happened. After all that I don't want him to get up 1. because I know the 4 glasses of juice he just had has to be ready to come out and 2. because we have been in there so long I don't want him or me to feel like the hour we spent in there was for nothing. So we sit and wait and sit and wait until I want to pull my hair out. Then I let him up and what happens the minute I turn my back? HE PEES ON THE FLOOR! Something has to change. I am trying to come up with a new plan for tomorrow because what I did today is NOT working. It is just driving mommy crazy!

He did pee on the potty 3 out of the 5 times he peed today, which is a very good thing, but we spent over 5 hours in the bathroom. After spending that much time in the bathroom by the end of the day we were both beat! I had really had enough. I could feel my grasp on my frustration slowly slipping away. I don't want to be the mom that spanks her kid to get him to pee on the potty. I refuse to make this a horrible experience for him. I want him trained, but there are a few things that I just will not do. So yes, something is going to have to change tomorrow. Time for a fresh approach a new game plan (or maybe I will try the one I wanted to try today but didn't succeed in trying.)!

I am keeping my fingers crossed and just praying that something clicks for him tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind............