Labels

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Potty Boot-Camp Day 4


I have to just keep reminding myself that it is ONLY day 4, and on day 30 I will continue to remind myself it's ONLY day 30.

Today was easier, but yet harder at the same time. Judge his gotten a LOT better about sitting on the potty when he hears his timer go off. This is a great thing. He will go in and sit on the potty, I set another timer, and when it beeps he can get up. I still join him from time to time in the bathroom, but it was nothing like we were doing when we first started.

I think he has learned to hold it to a certain degree. We had to take Annabelle to the soccer field today and he held it from the time we left the house until the time we got back home (45 minutes). He even kept reminding me, from the back seat, "We don't pee pee in our car seats."

He is also getting great at stopping when he starts peeing and he is not on the potty. The bad thing is that he stops when he is on the potty too. He only peed 2 1/2 times today. 1 1/2 on and 1 off, but the time he peed off he was inside the bathroom! :)

I know, "How did he pee a 1/2 a time?" Well we were sitting on the potty and he would start and the minute he saw it coming out he would stop it. This happened about 4 times in the span of an hour. By the 4th time I had had enough and had to walk out of the bathroom. Thank God it was bath time because that gave me a great excuse to "give up" for the day. I know he thought all of this was a big game, because he would start peeing and when he or I noticed he would instantly stop, and start laughing. I then would beg and he would laugh even harder. So I gave up begging.

I think I still need to learn that just because I THINK he needs to go doesn't mean he does. Also I need to keep reminding myself that just because I KNOW he has to go that doesn't mean he is going to. He has only been peeing about 3 times a day so I think I may have to lay off a little bit. I do want him trained but I am going to have to just let it happen. There is no use stressing us both out or getting aggravated over it. I am not saying that I won't get aggravated. I need to try harder to remind myself in those moments that this isn't going to last forever, and that he will one day get it.

It is very very easy to get discouraged. You want them to train so bad. But it's not going to happen until they make up their mind that they want to. By the 8th time in the bathroom I do start to doubt myself. Can I do this? Is it worth it? Is he even getting this? But I have to put those thoughts out of my head. I know I can. Women do it every day all over the world.

So with everyday that passes I end up getting a little more encouraged that I can do this. Not because he is peeing on the potty but because I haven't just given up and put him back in diapers. I almost did but in the end I didn't throw in the towel. I have stuck with it. I know he will not be in diapers when he graduates high school, so who cares if it takes 3 months to train him. Thank God I started now I guess. I just have to keep thinking positive. Negativity will get me NO where. It will just make me want to pull my hair out.

Leaving it up to God and Judge tomorrow, and praying he doesn't flip out about having to wear a pull-up to mass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind............