Labels

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Same gender sharing.

having kids close together I have run into a few small bumps. One being sharing.

I don't think I saw it as much with the first 2 because they were different genders. So they were really interested in different types of things. There were a few things that they would (and still do) occasionally fight over, but they seemed to always find a way to work it out. Well I have not been so lucky with Judge and John Paul. They are 26 months apart so they didn't have much in common until John Paul started walking. Now it seems they fight over everything. Either John Paul has something Judge wants r Judge has something John Paul wants.

I know there have been a lot of big changes in Judges life lately. He started potty training, he moved out of his crib, and John Paul moved into his room. I can know that change can be hard and sometimes unwanted, so I am trying to be understanding when he get passive over small things like toy cars or his train table. I know he is going through a lot and that John Paul can sometimes be a pest, but that doesn't change the fact that he is going to HAVE to learn to share with his brother. Before he knows it he is going to have 2 little brothers to deal with not just 1.

It's hard to decide what to do when John Paul wants the play with something that belongs to Judge. Some things I know John Paul will "mess up" (like taking apart his train table) and this gets Judge really upset, but what do you do. I have tried just reminding Judge that I will fix it and making him share with John Paul, and that seems to work at times.

I am taking it slow. I am making Judge share with John Paul here and there. I am kinda stumped on what I should let Judge "OWN" and what is going to be considered community property. There are a few things like Elvis, Pillow, Roxie, and Blanket that are sacred and belong to a specific kid. As far as toys? It used to be if you didn't want to share a toy it had to go in your room and you could only play with it in your room. But now Judge and John Paul share a room so everything in the room has become "community property".

I guess I will have to keep an eye on things until John Paul gets less destructive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind............