Labels

Friday, January 8, 2010

Of all things.

It is Friday. I was looking forward to a laid back evening with Dennis and the kids. Little did I know I was in for a very rude awakening. Around 4:40 I get a call from Dennis telling me that there is an 80% chance he may have to work a little late. I have been an I.T. wife long enough to know that usually means he will be home 2-3 hours late.

So I decided to skip making dinner and order the kids and I some pizza. The pizza took so long I ended up making the kids some soup and starting their baths. In the middle of giving Judge a bath the pizza arrived, so I went down stairs to pay for it. When I returned upstairs (This is where it all started to go down hill) I noticed something floating in the tub with Judge. That's right! You guessed it. HE POOPED IN THE TUB. After cleaning the tub and rerunning his water I was so ready for this night to be over.

I got the kids in bed and TRIED to relax. Moving from the south where everyone knows everyone to up here where you barely know your next door neighbors. I don't sleep that well when Dennis isn't home.

Well like I said being an I.T. wife I can gauge how long Dennis will be from the time frame he gives me.
examples
5 minutes = 30 minutes to an hour
30 minutes = 1.5 hours
1 hour = 3 hours

Well once again I was right and Dennis ended up working until 9. As he always does he called me while leaving the office. He got to the parking lot and said "OH SHIT THE CAR IS FROZEN!" At this point I am like oh yeah really quit joking around and get your butt home.

HE WASN'T JOKING!!!!

Who has ever heard of a car freezing up that is just plain crazy. If it is cold enough for the locks on your car to freeze you need to move. This is nuts. Thank God that didn't happen to me I would have walked out in the middle of the interstate and waited for the next semi to come along and take me out.

Well after playing with the locks for 15 minutes I convinced him to try unfreezing it with some hot water. So he goes inside the building and gets a cup of water. A cup! I wasn't there but I can just see him going to the coffee machine getting a small cup and filling it with water. What is a cup going to do. He comes out and pours it on the door and of course nothing happened. Then he tries warming up the car by "banging" against the door with his butt. That didn't work!! So 30 minutes have passed and it is now 9:30. He is trying to decide if he should go back into the office and just sleep there until the sun comes up and warms up the car or continue to try and unfreeze it.

Well I once again convinced him to try the water thing but this time he filled a trash can with water. He brought it to the car and poured it down the door. As I sat on the other end of the phone I heard "OH YES YES YES!!!!!!"

It unfroze the locks and he came home. I am now the proud owner of a car with a dented drivers side door and a black trash can. I know that we have a great job here and all, but give me a break that is just to darn cold. When you can't lock your cars because of the cold then that is where I draw the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind............